December 15, 2004
Aussie fun facts

A little Christmas cheer for all from the Australian Bureau of Statistics:

31 Australians have died since 1996 by watering their Christmas tree
while the fairy lights were plugged in.

19 Australians have died in the last 3 years by eating Christmas
decorations they believed were chocolate.

 Hospitals reported 4 broken arms last year after cracker pulling

101 Australians since 1997 have had to have broken parts of
plastic toys pulled out of the soles of their feet.

18 Australians had serious burns in 1998 trying on a new sweater
with a lit cigarette in their mouth.

A massive 543 Australians were admitted to casualty in the last
two years after opening bottles of beer with their teeth or eye

5 Australians were injured last year in accidents involving out
 of control scalextric cars.

3 Australians die each year testing if a 9V battery works on
their tongue.

142 Australians were injured in 1998 by not removing all the pins
 from new shirts.

58 Australians are injured each year by using sharp knives instead
of screwdrivers, and finally...

 8 Australians cracked their skull in 1997 after falling asleep (passing
out) while throwing up into the toilet.

Posted by ÿ at December 15, 2004 10:39 PM
Post a comment

Email Address:



Remember info?